Even forgetting to add the vanilla extract this cake came out incredibly flavorful. So delicious topped with the quick caramel frosting with pecans. I would make this again and again. Check out my blog at: http://imapretendchef.blogspot.com
Chocolate-Caramel Sheet Cake
More From Southern Living
Bake: 25 Minutes
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Quick Caramel Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter melts and mixture is smooth; remove from heat.
- Beat buttermilk and next 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; add cocoa mixture, beating until blended.
- Combine sugar, flour, and salt; gradually add to buttermilk mixture, beating just until blended. (Batter will be thin.) Pour batter into a greased and floured 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Pour warm Quick Caramel Frosting over cake, spreading evenly to edges of pan. Sprinkle evenly with pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts