Fantastic! Easy and a crowd pleaser! I'm not a huge cook so I used a ready bought cake, the caramel for apples that you microwave and Cadbury dark chocolate! Then I took Cadbury milk chocolate and chopped it up and sprinkled it on top instead of the pecans and filled the center with strawberries and blueberries - yummy!!
Chocolate-Caramel Angel Food Cake
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Jan Gautro
Start with an angel food cake mix and dress up the cake with double drizzles of chocolate and caramel sauce.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 241
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 39.4g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 321mg
- Calcium: 54mg
- 1 (16-ounce) box white angel food cake mix
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Dash of salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Bake cake according to package instructions. Cool completely.
- 2. Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH for 30 seconds or until melted, stirring every 10 seconds. Drizzle chocolate over cake. Combine brown sugar and next 3 ingredients (through salt) in a small, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil, stirring just until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat, and cook 4 minutes (do not stir). Remove from heat; quickly drizzle caramel over cake. Top with pecans.
Drizzle the caramel quickly before it cools.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note