Fantastic! Easy and a crowd pleaser! I'm not a huge cook so I used a ready bought cake, the caramel for apples that you microwave and Cadbury dark chocolate! Then I took Cadbury milk chocolate and chopped it up and sprinkled it on top instead of the pecans and filled the center with strawberries and blueberries - yummy!!
Chocolate-Caramel Angel Food Cake
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Jan Gautro
Start with an angel food cake mix and dress up the cake with double drizzles of chocolate and caramel sauce.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 241
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 39.4g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 321mg
- Calcium: 54mg
- 1 (16-ounce) box white angel food cake mix
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Dash of salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Bake cake according to package instructions. Cool completely.
- 2. Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH for 30 seconds or until melted, stirring every 10 seconds. Drizzle chocolate over cake. Combine brown sugar and next 3 ingredients (through salt) in a small, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil, stirring just until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat, and cook 4 minutes (do not stir). Remove from heat; quickly drizzle caramel over cake. Top with pecans.
Drizzle the caramel quickly before it cools.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This