- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached white flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup plus 1 Tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Garnish: powdered sugar
How to Make It
In a bowl, combine butter, brown sugar and coffee granules; blend well. Add eggs, vanilla and cooled coffee; stir.
In a separate bowl, combine baking powder, salt, flour and cocoa; add to butter mixture. Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips.
Pour batter into a greased 13"x9" pan and bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool and cut into squares. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.