Chocolate Cake in a Cup
These yummy little cakes ooze soft chocolate from the center when you spoon into them. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a sinfully good dessert.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 2 Hours, 5 Minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup (6-ounce package) semisweet chocolate morsels
- Sift together flour, cocoa, and baking powder in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Whisk together butter and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add dry ingredients; combine well. Spoon batter into 8 lightly greased 6-ounce custard cups or ramekins. Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons morsels. Cover and chill at least 2 hours. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 22 minutes. (Edges will be set and centers will be soft.) Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Note: To eliminate the risk of salmonella contamination, this recipe uses egg substitute instead of real eggs because the cakes aren't in the oven long enough for eggs to cook thoroughly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note