Chocolate-Butterscotch Lava Cake
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia DeGaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 5 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 1 (17.5-oz.) package dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3.4-oz) package chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cups milk, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8-oz.) package toffee bits, divided
- 1 (3.4-oz.) package butterscotch instant pudding mix
- 1 (8-oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Beat cake mix, chocolate pudding mix, sour cream, butter, vanilla, 1 1/4 cups milk, and eggs in a large bowl at medium speed of an electric mixer 2 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Stir in 1 cup toffee bits. Pour batter into a lightly greased 5-qt. oval-shaped slow cooker.
- 2. Heat remaining 2 cups milk over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until hot and bubbly. Remove from heat. Sprinkle butterscotch pudding mix over batter in slow cooker. Slowly pour hot milk over pudding.
- 3. Cover and cook on Low 4 1/2 hours or until edge of cake is set at least 2 inches from edge of slow cooker but center still jiggles slightly when moved. Turn off slow cooker. Let stand 15 minutes. Top with whipped topping and remaining toffee bits.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note