Chocolate buttermilk pie
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 9 in prepared pie crust refrig/frozen
- 1 1/2 stick(s) butter (12 tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup(s) cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 4 large whole eggs
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- 2 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- Prepare crust according to package directions for a baked pie.
- Leave the oven at 350 degrees
- Melt butter over low heat. Add cocoa powder and sugar and stir constantly until well-blended, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until light and frothy. Add the flour and buttermilk and stir until well-combined. Slowly add the chocolate mixture while continuing to stir. Add vanilla and salt.
- Pour filling into prepared crust. Bake for 45 minutes. Edges of pie will be slightly crusty, and center will still jiggle a little.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream , if desired. Pie can also be refrigerated for up to one day before serving. Serve chilled or warm in a 200 -F oven just until heated through, then serve.
- note: you may use 1 cup whole milk plus 1 teaspoon white vinegar as a buttermilk substitute. Let mixture stand for at least 5 minutes before using.
- per serving w/o ice cream: Calories 329, fat 21 g, cholesterol 141 mg, sodium 212mg, fiber 1 g, CHO 31 g, protein 5 g
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Abaker61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate buttermilk pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pies/Pastries