Chocolate Buttermilk Pie
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) chocolate chips
- 1 Store-bought deep dish pie crust
- 7 Eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 2 1/2 cup(s) Sugar
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place a rack in the center of the oven.
- Place the chocolate chips in a double boiler and melt over low heat, stirring constantly. Place the crust in a pie pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl add eggs and next 5 ingredients and mix with an electric mixer. With a rubber spatula, gently stir the meled chocolate into the batter. Pour batter into pie rust. Place in oven and bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and cool completely. Garnish with whipped cream just before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dswartzel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Buttermilk Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pies/Pastries