This recipe was simple and turned out delicious! I also liked the fact that it was made without shortening. Awesome recipe with a truly delicious chocolate homemade taste!
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 3/4 cup whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 10 cup sifted powdered sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Microwave chocolate morsels and 1/4 cup whipping cream in a 1-quart microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 3 1/2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; gradually add 3 cups powdered sugar, beating well. Gradually add chocolate mixture and vanilla, beating until smooth.
- Add remaining 7 cups powdered sugar alternately with remaining 1/2 cup whipping cream, beginning and ending with powdered sugar. Beat mixture at low speed until well blended after each addition.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note