Chocolate Bread Pudding
Bread pudding becomes even more decadent with chocolate.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 2 cups milk
- 6 slices white bread, crusts trimmed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 eggs, separated and divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Garnish: whipped cream, baking cocoa
- Heat milk in a large saucepan just until tiny bubbles form; remove from heat. Cube bread and add to milk; stir until smooth.
- Add sugar, cocoa and egg yolks; stir until well blended. Add butter and vanilla; set aside. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into mixture along with chocolate chunks.
- Pour into 6 lightly greased custard cups; set cups in a larger pan filled with one inch of hot water.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, or until firm. Garnish with whipped cream and baking cocoa; serve warm or cold.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Desserts