Chocolate Bread Pudding
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 711
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 23g
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 74g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 297mg
- Sodium: 427mg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried cherries
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped, plus extra for serving
- 4 eggs and 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (10 oz.) loaf brioche or challah bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish. In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook cherries and brandy until simmering; remove from heat and set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring cream, milk, 1/2 cup sugar and salt to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate to melt.
- Whisk eggs, yolks and remaining 1/2 cup sugar. Whisk in 1/3 chocolate mixture slowly and then remaining mixture and vanilla to finish custard.
- Layer baking dish as follows: 1/3 of brioche, 1/2 cherries, another 1/3 brioche, remaining cherries (and brandy) and remaining brioche. Pour custard on top to soak brioche.
- Place bread pudding dish in a larger dish or pan and pour enough hot water into larger pan to come 2/3 up sides of pudding dish. Bake until just set and center jiggles slightly, about 1 hour, 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Spoon pudding into dishes. Top with whipped cream and shaved chocolate, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts