Southern Living JULY 2008
1. Microwave candy coating in a glass bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
2. Place 1 thin mint on piece of wax paper. Dip edge of another mint into melted chocolate; adhere dipped edge to adjacent side of first mint. Hold in place 5 to 6 seconds to set. Repeat with remaining 2 sides of box. Place 1 thin mint on wax paper; brush edges with melted chocolate. Place box over mint square; hold in place 5 to 6 seconds to set. Repeat with remaining thin mints and melted chocolate. Set aside.
3. Process 1 package raspberries and sugar in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Pour mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, using the back of a spoon to squeeze out juice. Discard pulp and seeds.
4. Sprinkle gelatin over 3 tablespoons cold water; stir and let stand 1 minute. Add 3 tablespoons boiling water; stir until gelatin dissolves. Stir in lemon juice. Stir into raspberry mixture; chill until consistency of unbeaten egg white. Fold in whipped cream; chill 2 to 3 hours or until set.
5. Spoon filling evenly into chocolate boxes. Top each box with one chocolate square, leaving partially open. Serve with remaining raspberries, and garnish, if desired.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used After Eight Thin Mints.
Go to full version of