Delicious!!! I have made this with dark corn syrup and I've made it light. Preferred the light. Quite a hit with the family.
Chocolate-Bourbon Pecan Pie
A rich chocolate bourbon pecan pie is the perfect recipe to end a Derby Day celebration. Former staff member Cynthia Ann Briscoe, a Louisville native and ardent Derby fan, contributed this version.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 55 Minutes
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon or water
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fit piecrust into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp.
- Sprinkle pecans and chocolate evenly onto bottom of piecrust; set aside.
- Combine corn syrup and next 3 ingredients in a large saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together eggs and next 4 ingredients. Gradually whisk about one-fourth hot mixture into egg mixture; add to remaining hot mixture, whisking constantly. Pour filling into prepared piecrust.
- Bake at 325° for 55 minutes or until set; cool on wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note