- 1/2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 1/2 cups chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon or water
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons plain white cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Fit piecrust into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp. Sprinkle pecans and chocolate evenly onto bottom of piecrust.
Stir together corn syrup and next 3 ingredients in a large saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Whisk together eggs and next 4 ingredients. Gradually whisk one-fourth of hot corn syrup mixture into egg mixture; add to remaining hot corn syrup mixture, whisking constantly. Pour filling into prepared piecrust.
Bake at 325° for 55 minutes or until set; cool pie completely on a wire rack (about one hour).