Fill and frost a velvety, three-layer chocolate cake with a rich buttercream frosting accented with bourbon, and top the cake with toasted pecans and chopped chocolate. The combination of chocolate, pecans and bourbon is the trifecta of flavor.
- Chocolate Velvet Cake Batter
- Bourbon Buttercream Frosting
- 2 3/4 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 (4-ounce) semisweet chocolate bar, chopped
- Spoon batter evenly into 3 greased and floured 9-inch square pans. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire rack.
- Spread Bourbon Buttercream Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake, sprinkling 1/4 cup pecans on top of frosting for each of the layers. Press remaining 2 cups pecans into sides of cake. Sprinkle chopped semisweet chocolate bar over top of cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note