This amount of milk combined with 3 packages of pudding mix yields a very thick mixture that works well for this trifle.
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 306
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 5.5g
- Carbohydrate: 60g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 473mg
- Calcium: 134mg
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Kahlúa (coffee-flavored liqueur)
- 1 (16-ounce) angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 (1.4-ounce) English toffee candy bars, chopped (such as Skor or Heath bars)
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 3 (3.4-ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix (not sugar-free)
- 2 cups sliced banana, divided
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed and divided
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook until sugar is dissolved and mixture is thick (about 3 minutes), stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in Kahlúa. Cool.
- Combine chocolate mixture and cake in a large bowl; stir in chopped candy bars, reserving 1 tablespoon for topping. Set aside.
- Beat 3 cups milk and pudding mix at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. Stir in cake mixture. Cover; chill 15 minutes.
- Spoon half of cake mixture into a trifle dish or bowl. Arrange 1 cup bananas evenly over cake mixture; top with half of whipped topping. Repeat layers; end with whipped topping. Sprinkle with reserved 1 tablespoon chopped candy bar. Chill 1 hour.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate-Banana Trifle Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Puddings/Custards, Cakes/Frostings
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Chocolate, Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- OCCASION: Christmas, Easter, Father's Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, New Year's, Valentine's Day
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light