Chocolate Banana Cream Tart
Small details make a big difference in this recipe— look for ripe but not mushy bananas and, of course, high-quality chocolate. I often keep a well-wrapped, prerolled tart shell in my freezer and bake it right from its frozen state. Prep: 25 minutes.
- 1 (10-inch) baked Basic Tart Shell
- Chocolate Cream Filling, chilled
- 1 1/2 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Garnish: cocoa powder
- 1. Fill prepared and cooled tart shell with half of Chocolate Cream Filling, and smooth with an offset spatula. Slice bananas 1/4 inch thick, and arrange slices in tight concentric circles over filling. Spread remaining filling evenly over banana slices.
- 2. Whisk cream and powdered sugar with an electric mixer fitted with whisk attachment until medium-stiff peaks form. Dollop whipped cream evenly over filling. Chill up to 4 hours before serving. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts