- About 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter or margarine, at room temperature
- About 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup Dutch-process unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- calories 287
- caloriesfromfat 34 %
- protein 4.2 g
- fat 11 g
- satfat 6.7 g
- carbohydrate 45 g
- fiber 1.1 g
- sodium 394 mg
- cholesterol 68 mg
How to Make It
Butter and flour a 9- by 5-inch loaf pan (8-cup capacity).
In a bowl, with a mixer on high speed, beat 1/2 cup butter and the sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Add eggs and beat until well blended. Stir in bananas.
In a small bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; add to banana mixture and mix just until evenly moistened. Stir in pecans if using. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake in a 350° regular or convection oven until a thin wood skewer inserted in center of loaf comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Cool in pan on a rack for 10 minutes, then invert loaf from pan and cool completely on rack, about 1 hour.