Chocolate-Apricot Thumbprint Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans, divided
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
- Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating until fluffy. Add egg yolk and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour and salt; add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in 1 cup pecans. Cover and chill dough at least 30 minutes.
- Lightly beat egg white. Shape dough into 1" balls; dip each ball in egg white, and roll in remaining 1 cup pecans. Place balls 1" apart on greased cookie sheets. Press thumb gently into center of each ball, leaving an indention; fill with preserves.
- Bake at 350° for 17 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks, and cool completely. Drizzle melted chocolate over cooled cookies, using a fork or spoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate-Apricot Thumbprint Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Cookies
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Freezable, Gifts, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Chocolate, Fruits, Nuts
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- OCCASION: Christmas, Easter, Mother's Day, New Year's, Super Bowl, Valentine's Day, Birthdays/Anniversaries
- PUBLICATION: Oxmoor House
More Recipes for Desserts