Photo: Howard L. Puckett; Styling: Cathy Muir
Yield: 8 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 217
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 38.8g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 95mg
- Calcium: 17mg
- 1/3 cup amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup dried apricots, thinly sliced (about 6 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Remaining ingredients:
- 8 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- Prepare filling: Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring after 45 seconds. Stir in dried apricots and ginger; cover. Microwave at HIGH 3 minutes; let stand 5 minutes. Place apricot mixture in a food processor or blender; process until coarsely chopped. Spoon apricot mixture into bowl; cover and cool completely. Stir in 1/4 cup chips.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on work surface (cover remaining dough to keep from drying); lightly coat with cooking spray. Workiing with 1 phyllo sheet at a time, coat remaining 7 phyllo sheets with cooking spray, placing one on top of the other. Place a sheet of plastic wrap over phyllo, pressing gently to seal sheets together; discard plastic wrap.
- Spoon filling along 1 long edge of phyllo, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold over the short edges of phyllo to cover 2 inches of apricot mixture on each end.
- Starting at long edge with 2-inch border, roll up jelly-roll fashion. Do not roll tightly, or the strudel may split. (Strudel may be frozen for up to five days at this point.) Place strudel, seam side down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Score 7 diagonal slits into top of strudel using a sharp knife. Lightly spray strudel with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Place 1/4 cup chips in a small heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag, and seal. Submerge bag in very hot water until chips melt. Snip a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag; drizzle chocolate evenly over each of 8 dessert plates. Cut strudel diagonally into 16 slices using a serrated knife dipped in hot water; arrange 2 slices over chocolate drizzle. Garnish each serving with diced apricot, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This