Chocolate Angel Pie
- Meringue Pie Shell
- 1 (4-ounce) package sweet baking chocolate
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sifted powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional whipped cream
- Chopped pecans
- Prepare Meringue Pie Shell; set aside.
- Combine chocolate and water in a heavy saucepan; cook over low heat until chocolate melts, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Gradually stir about onefourth of chocolate mixture into egg yolks; add to remaining chocolate mixture, stirring constantly. Return to low heat; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until smooth and thickened. Remove from heat; cool.
- Beat 1 cup whipping cream until foamy; gradually add sugar and cinnamon, beating until soft peaks form. Spread 1 cup whipped cream mixture in bottom of meringue shell.
- Gently fold chocolate mixture into remaining whipped cream mixture; spread over whipped cream layer. Chill at least 3 hours or overnight.
- To serve, garnish with additional whipped cream and pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Pies/Pastries