If you don't have 2 jelly-roll pans, use 2 (15- x 10 1/4-inch) disposable foil pans.
This recipe goes with Hot Fudge Sundae Cake Rolls
Southern Living AUGUST 2006
1. Line 2 (15- x 10-inch) jelly-roll pans with parchment or wax paper. Prepare angel food cake mix batter according to package directions, adding unsweetened cocoa. Pour evenly into prepared pans.
2. Bake at 325° for 15 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. (If baking cakes in 1 oven, bake on middle 2 racks for 10 minutes; then switch places, and continue baking for 5 to 10 minutes.)
3. Sift 2/3 cup powdered sugar evenly over 2 (24- x 18-inch) pieces heavy-duty aluminum foil.
4. Loosen edges of cakes from pans. Invert each slightly warm cake onto a prepared foil piece. Carefully remove parchment paper, and discard. Place a cloth towel on top of each cake. Starting at 1 long side, roll up foil, cake, and towel together.
5. Chill rolled cakes 30 minutes or until completely cool. Unroll cakes, and remove towels. (Keep each cake on foil piece.)
Go to Full Version of