Chocolate and Olive Oil Fig Cakes
Community Recipe from
- FOR THE CAKES
- 1/3 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) lemon zest finely grated
- 6 fresh figs halved
- FOR THE GLAZE
- 4 ounce(s) bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) honey
- 2 teaspoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Make the cakes: Brush a 6-cup muffin pan with olive oil and dust with flour. Whisk the cocoa powder and 1/4 cup hot water in a small bowl; let cool slightly. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda in another bowl.
- Combine the sugar, egg and egg yolk, vanilla and lemon zest in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat on medium-high speed until pale and thick, about 1 minute. With the mixer running, drizzle in the olive oil. Add the cocoa mixture and beat until combined. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixture and beat until just incorporated.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Bake 10 minutes, then top each cake with a fig half and continue baking until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few crumbs, 8 to 10 more minutes. Let cool in the pan on a rack, 20 minutes. Remove the cakes from the pan and let cool completely on the rack.
- Make the glaze: Put the chocolate, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring, until smooth.
- Top the cakes with the glaze, a drizzle of honey and more pepper. Quarter the remaining 6 fig halves and arrange on top.
- Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/chocolate-and-olive-oil-fig-cakes-recipe/index.html?oc=linkback
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ftcollinsco and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate and Olive Oil Fig Cakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts