Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies
Community Recipe from
- 00 00
- 00 00
- Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies
- Makes about 10 large cookies or 30 teaspoon sized cookies
- Tessa says, "These I learned from my American fried Sue. When I first made them my children said they were the best ever and I must definitely put the recipe in this book - so here it is. I also love them with dried strawberries instead of cranberries, and sometimes my girls prefer them without the cranberries, just chocolate. I like these small so I make them no bigger than a good teaspoon of dough, but you might like to make them larger. I also like to take them as a gift, packed in a lovely box and tied with a ribbon. Unless you have a huge oven, you will need to bake these in batches so have the two cookie sheets ready."
- 5-1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup firmly packed soft brown sugar
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 egg
- a few drops of vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (dried cherries would also be nice)
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Mash up the butter and sugar with a wooden spoon until well mixed, then whisk with an electric beater until smooth. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Sift in the flour and baking powder, and add a small pinch of salt. Beat with the wooden spoon to make a soft sandy mixture. Stir in chocolate and cranberries.
- Lightly moisten your hands and roll teaspoons of the mixture into balls. Arrange them on the sheets, leaving a fair space between for flattening and spreading. Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until the cookies are golden and darkening around the edges. Remove from the oven, but leave them on the sheet to cool and firm up. These will keep in a cookie jar for a couple of days.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Anne42 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies