Love this recipe! Just a note: remember to use parchment paper (or something similar)-the sugar will crystallize on your pan. The parchment paper will help to keep the cookies from falling apart from trying to get them off the pan. I had them in the oven for 15 minutes and it was perfect. Enjoy!
Don't let these macaroons intimidate you. With just six ingredients, they are surprisingly simple to make and guests will be very impressed with the results.
More From Southern Living
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (14-oz.) package sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 24 whole unblanched almonds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate morsels
- 1. Stir together first 4 ingredients. Drop dough by lightly greased tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Press an almond into top of each cookie.
- 2. Bake at 350º for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. Microwave 1/2 cup chocolate morsels in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 minute and 15 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals and at end. Transfer to a 1-qt. zip-top plastic freezer bag; cut a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag. Pipe melted chocolate over cooled cookies by gently squeezing bag.
For easy cleanup, put wax paper under the wire rack to catch the excess chocolate as you drizzle it on the cookies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This