Chocolate Amaretto Cheesecake
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 241
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Protein: 7.3g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 6.5g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 331mg
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- 20 thin chocolate wafer cookies (about 2 in. wide; 5 oz. total)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 packages (8 oz. size, 12 oz. total) neufchâtel (light cream) cheese or cream cheese
- 1 cup small-curd low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup almond-flavor liqueur (such as amaretto) or 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons miniature (or coarsely chopped regular) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a food processor, whirl cookies until finely ground. Add butter and whirl until mixed. Press cookie mixture evenly over bottom and 3/4 inch up the side of a removable-rim 8-inch cheesecake or cake pan (at least 1 1/2 in. deep).
- 2. In a food processor or in bowl with a mixer, whirl or beat until smooth the neufchâtel, cottage cheese, egg, sugar, cocoa, flour, vanilla, salt, and almond liqueur. Stir in chocolate chips. Scrape mixture into chocolate crust.
- 3. Bake cheesecake in a 350° regular or convection oven until filling looks dry at rim of the cake and is firm in the center when pan is gently shaken, 30 to 40 minutes.
- 4. Run a thin-bladed knife between cake and pan rim. Refrigerate cake, uncovered, until cool, at least 2 hours. Serve, or if making up to 2 days ahead, wrap airtight and chill. Remove pan rim and cut cake into wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts