Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 stick(s) Butter Cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoon(s) Butter Cut into small pieces
- 9 ounce(s) Dark Chocolate (Good Quality) Chopped
- 6 whole(s) Eggs Seperated
- 2/3 cup(s) Sugar (Superfine)
- 2 ounce(s) Almonds Finely Ground about 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a 10-inch springform cake pan and set aside.
- In a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, melt butter and chocolate together. Stir until combined. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks with sugar until pale and fluffy. Gradually pour melted chocolate into egg mixture, stirring constantly. Fold in almonds. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium-high speed, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes. (Torte will be very moist in middle.) Transfer torte to a wire rack and cool completely in pan, about 1 hour.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by GingerWestfall and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note