Rich and elegant, but made with only five ingredients, no one will ever suspect how simple this luscious chocolate torte is to make.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 stick(s) Butter Cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoon(s) Butter Cut into small pieces
- 9 ounce(s) Dark Chocolate (Good Quality) Chopped
- 6 whole(s) Eggs Seperated
- 2/3 cup(s) Sugar (Superfine)
- 2 ounce(s) Almonds Finely Ground about 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a 10-inch springform cake pan and set aside.
- In a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, melt butter and chocolate together. Stir until combined. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks with sugar until pale and fluffy. Gradually pour melted chocolate into egg mixture, stirring constantly. Fold in almonds. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium-high speed, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes. (Torte will be very moist in middle.) Transfer torte to a wire rack and cool completely in pan, about 1 hour.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by GingerWestfall and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note