Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 3 shortbread finger cookies, crushed
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package semisweet chocolate squares, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon almond liqueur
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Press crushed cookies evenly into bottom of a buttered 8-inch springform pan; set aside.
- Process almonds, walnuts, and 1 cup sugar in a food processor until ground, stopping once to scrape down sides. Transfer mixture to a bowl; set aside.
- Combine chocolate and butter in a 1-quart glass measuring cup; microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 3 to 4 minutes or until melted, stirring after each minute. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Stir almond liqueur into nut mixture. Add eggs, 1 at a time, stirring just until blended after each addition. Stir in chocolate mixture. Pour over cookies in pan.
- Bake at 325° for 35 to 40 minutes or until set; cool completely. Remove sides from pan.
- Beat whipping cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks form, and serve with torte.
- Note: Torte may be chilled. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. For testing, we used Walker Shortbread Fingers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts