Chocolate Almond Cupcakes
Other: 20 Minutes
- 1/2 (7-ounce) tube almond paste (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 (2.25-ounce) package sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package plain devil's food cake mix
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- Chocolate Almond Glaze
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Insert paper liners into 20 muffin cups; set aside.
- 2. Crumble almond paste into a medium-size mixing bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons toasted almonds, and toss remaining almonds with paste.
- 3. In a separate bowl, beat cake mix and next 4 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 30 seconds or until combined. Scrape sides of bowl with spatula, and beat at medium speed 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until batter is smooth and thickened. Stir 3/4 cup batter into almond paste mixture.
- 4. Spoon about 2 tablespoons remaining batter into each cupcake liner. Top each with a tablespoonful of almond paste mixture. Top evenly with remaining batter (about 2 tablespoons per liner).
- 5. Bake at 350° for 19 to 23 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool at least 15 minutes.
- 6. Drizzle Chocolate Almond Glaze evenly over cupcakes. Gently press reserved almonds into warm glaze. Store at room temperature in an airtight container up to 3 days, up to a week in refrigerator, or (unglazed) up to 6 months in freezer.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts