Bakery-style croissants or frozen croissants work fine in this recipe. If using frozen croissants, slice them while frozen.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 3 Hours
- 1 (12 1/2-ounce) can almond filling
- 1 dozen small croissants, split in half horizontally*
- 1 cup double chocolate morsels (we tested with Ghirardelli) or regular semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Stir almond filling. Spread each croissant bottom with about 2 tablespoons almond filling. Cover with tops; place on a large foil-lined baking sheet, and bake at 325° for 7 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Place chocolate morsels in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until melted, stirring once. Spread melted chocolate over croissants. Sprinkle almonds over chocolate. Let stand at room temperature 2 to 3 hours or until chocolate is firm.
- *If you use frozen Sara Lee Petit French Style Croissants, you'll need 2 (6-ounce) packages.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note