These cookies are even scrumptious unadorned.
Yield: 2 dozen
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 (14-ounce) package sweetened flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 (7-ounce) package almond paste, grated (we tested with Odense)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate mini-morsels
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels (optional)
- 1 tablespoon shortening (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- Combine coconut and sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl. Add almond paste and next 5 ingredients. Stir in mini-morsels.
- Beat egg white at high speed with an electric mixer until still peaks form; fold into coconut mixture.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 20 to 21 minutes or until edges are golden and tops are lightly browned. Cool completely on baking sheets.
- If desired, microwave chocolate morsels and shortening in a 1-cup glass measuring cup on HIGH 1 minute or until melted, stirring once.
- Pour melted chocolate into a small zip-top freezer bag. Snip a small hole in 1 corner of bag; drizzle chocolate over macaroons, and sprinkle with toasted almonds, if desired. Let stand until chocolate is firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts