This is a great recipe. I didn't find that it was grainy/gritty at all. Very light and fluffy...not as dense as full-fat cheese cake (which I love as well). I've made it twice now and my family can't stop eating it!
Chocolate-Almond Cheesecake Bars
Photo: Justin Walker; Styling: Missie Neville Crawford
More From Cooking Light
Total: 9 Hours, 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 164
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Carbohydrate: 18.1g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 139mg
- Calcium: 55mg
- 3.4 ounces all-purpose flour (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely ground toasted almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, chilled
- Baking spray with flour
- 6 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 1 large egg
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, 1/4 cup ground almonds, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle flour mixture into an 8-inch square metal baking pan lined with parchment paper and coated with baking spray; lightly press mixture into bottom of pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden. Cool crust completely on a wire rack.
- 3. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- 4. Place cream cheeses in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add sugar, yogurt, vanilla, and dash of salt; beat at low speed until combined. Add egg; beat 1 minute or until well combined. Pour mixture over cooled crust. Place chocolate chips and milk in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH for 30 seconds or until melted, stirring after 15 seconds; stir mixture until smooth. Dollop chocolate mixture by the spoonful over cheesecake mixture; swirl together using the tip of a knife. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons chopped almonds. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until almost set in the middle. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or up to overnight.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts