Chocoholic's Dream Torte
This rich dessert made with dark, fudgy brownies smothered in thick, creamy chocolate and pecans will make any chocolate lover beg for more.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- 1 (19.8-ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (6-ounce package) semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate morsels
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate Mousse
- Garnishes: whipped cream, chopped pecans
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a wooden spoon 2 minutes. Stir in 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate morsels. Spread batter into a greased 10-inch springform pan. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Combine remaining 2/3 cup semisweet morsels, milk chocolate morsels, and whipping cream in top of a double boiler; bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook until chocolate melts, stirring often. Remove from heat; stir in butter until melted. Stir in pecans and vanilla; pour mixture into a medium bowl. Place bowl in larger bowl filled with ice. Cool mixture, stirring constantly, 6 minutes or until mixture is cool and slightly thickened.
- Pour chocolate-pecan mixture evenly over cooled brownie layer; cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Run a knife around edge of pan, and release sides. Spread Chocolate Mousse evenly over chocolate-pecan layer. Chill 30 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired. Store in refrigerator.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note