Amount per serving
- Calories: 270
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Fat: 14g
- Sodium: 260mg
- Sugars: 25g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Protein: 5g
- Iron: 8%
- Calcium: 10%
- 1/2 cup cup Mexican caramel sauce (cajeta)
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed, softened
- 7 large eggs, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- POUR caramel sauce into 12-cup fluted tube pan sprayed with cooking spray. Blend evaporated milk, cream cheese, 4 eggs, vanilla and sugar in blender until smooth.
- BEAT cake mix, water, oil and remaining eggs with mixer until blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Pour over caramel in tube pan; gently ladle flan mixture over cake batter. Cover pan with foil sprayed with cooking spray, sprayed-side down. Place in larger pan. Add enough water to larger pan to come halfway up side of tube pan.
- BAKE 1-1/2 hours or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate 2 hours. Loosen dessert from side of pan; invert onto plate. Remove pan. Serve dessert topped with COOL WHIP.
- KRAFT kitchens tips
Sweets can be part of a balanced diet but remember to keep tabs on portions.
HOW TO UNMOLD CHOCOFLAN
Place serving plate over cake pan. Invert dessert onto plate. Gently remove pan; spoon any remaining caramel left in pan.
Caramel sugar is a great substitute for Mexican caramel sauce. Simply mix 1/2 cup sugar and 2 Tbsp. water in saucepan; cook on medium heat 7 min. or until sugar is deep golden brown. Pour into prepared pan; continue as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocoflan Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts