- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate mini-morsels
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
How to Make It
Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, beating until blended. Add flour and salt, beating well. Stir in mini-morsels.
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Shape dough into 2- x 1/2-inch logs (about 1 heaping teaspoon each). Place logs on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned; remove to wire racks to cool.
Microwave chocolate morsels at HIGH 4 minutes or until melted, stirring once.
Dip ends of cookies in melted chocolate. Roll ends in walnuts. Place on wax paper until set. Freeze up to 1 month, if desired.