Choco-Cherry-Nut Cookie Pizza
More From Allyou
Bake: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 436
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 58g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Sodium: 116mg
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried sweet or sour cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment. In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- 2. In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter with both sugars until very light, about 5 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and mix on low speed until well blended. Add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. Stir in chocolate, dried cherries and walnuts.
- 3.Spoon dough into a mound on parchment and spread evenly into a 7-inch-diameter circle. Bake for about 30 minutes, until top is golden brown and slightly soft. Let cool, then cut into wedges and serve.
Whip up a double batch: Double this dough recipe and keep it in the freezer for a rainy day. Just thaw out and follow directions from Step 3.
Make individual cookies: Bake a few sheets of regular-sized cookies for the cookie jar. Line up tablespoons of dough, 2 inches apart, on large ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375°F for 10 to 12 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note