Chive Cheddar Scones (MS Living)
- 4 ounces extra-sharp yellow cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- 3 large eggs, beaten lightly, plus 1 large egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water for egg wash
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, roughly chopped
- 1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper, and set aside. Place the cheddar cheese, chives, and 1 tablespoon flour in a small bowl, and toss to combine; set mixture aside. In a small bowl, combine the 3 lightly beaten eggs and the cream, and set aside.
- 2. Using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine remaining 2 cups flour, baking powder, paprika, and salt. Add butter; mix on low speed until butter is in pea-size pieces, 1 to 2 minutes. Add egg-and cream mixture; mix on low speed until just blended. Add cheese mixture; mix until just combined.
- 3. Transfer dough to a well-floured surface, and pat into a 9-inch circle. Using a sharp knife dipped in flour, cut circle into 12 wedges. Transfer wedges to prepared baking sheet; brush tops with egg wash. Place in oven; bake, rotating baking sheet halfway through cooking, until outside is crusty and inside is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Notes: you can leave out the chives or sub dill. Also cut smaller for cocktail sized bites.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by scargosun and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note