Chive Biscuits from The AJC
Community Recipe from
- 4 cup(s) all-purpose flour plus more for rolling out
- 1/2 cup(s) finely cut chives
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 stick(s) cold unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- 1 cup(s) low-fat buttermilk more if needed
- 2 tablespoon(s) half-and-half or buttermilk to brush top of biscuits
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, chives, baking powder, sugar, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter or rub in with your fingers until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with a few large pieces remaining. Stir in buttermilk. Dough should just hold together. Do not over mix and don't add more buttermilk than needed.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and pat into a 1 1/2 inch thick round. Using a floured 2 inch cutter, cut out biscuits. Lightly push scraps together and continue to cut out biscuits until all dough is used.
- Arrange biscuits on prepared baking sheet, sides just touching. Brush with half-and-half or buttermilk, if desired. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Serve hot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chive Biscuits from The AJC Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads
More Recipes for Main Dishes