A wonderful remembrance of when my Grandfather made this.
Chipped Beef On Toast
- 1 (5-ounce) jar dried beef, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- Toast points
- Sauté dried beef in butter in a large skillet over low heat 8 minutes or until slightly crisp. Sprinkle flour evenly over meat; stir well. Gradually add milk, stirring until well blended.
- Cook over low heat 10 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring often. Serve chipped beef over toast points.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes