- 2 large slices whole-grain bread
- 2 ounces cooked sliced turkey breast
- 1 slice turkey bacon, cooked crisp
- 1/4 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 strips roasted red bell pepper (if jarred peppers are used, pat dry with paper towel to remove excess oil)
- 1 large leaf romaine lettuce
- 1 tablespoon chipotle mayonnaise (use prepared variety available in most supermarkets or homemade recipe below)
- Chipotle Mayonnaise:
- 1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 1 small chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
How to Make It
Spread a toasted whole grain bread slice with 1/2 tablespoon chipotle mayonnaise. Place lettuce leaf on top of toast. Top with sliced chicken breast, turkey bacon, roasted red bell pepper and sliced avocado. Spread remaining toasted whole grain bread slice with 1/2 tablespoon chipotle mayonnaise and cover sandwich. Cut sandwich into two triangles.
Chipotle Mayonnaise: Pat chipotle chile dry to remove excess adobo sauce. Chop finely and add to mayonnaise. Blend well.
Note: Canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce may be found in the Mexican food section of most supermarkets.