- 1/4 cup steak & chop marinade with garlic & cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin
- 1/4 cup butter
- 24 (1/2-inch-thick) slices French bread, toasted
- Toppings: fresh cilantro sprigs, shredded Cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped tomatoes, crumbled queso fresco, sliced jalapeño peppers
How to Make It
Stir together marinade and chipotle chile in a small bowl. Place tenderloin in a 9-inch square pan.
Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Pour marinade mixture evenly over tenderloin, and bake 10 more minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from oven; place beef on a platter, and cover. Let stand 10 minutes; cut into thin slices.
Melt butter in same pan over medium heat, and cook 2 minutes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of pan. Add tenderloin and any accumulated juices to pan; toss to coat. Arrange meat mixture evenly on bread slices, and top with desired toppings.
CHIPOTLE BEEF BRUSCHETTA: Substitute 1 (1 1/2-pound) eye-of-round roast for tenderloin. Prepare recipe as directed, baking roast 20 minutes. Pour marinade over roast, and bake 20 more minutes. Proceed as directed.