Spectacular! I cut the butter in half, doubled the chipotles and subbed almond milk for the cream to cut fat and calories. Served with Grilled Pastrami-Style Salmon and Broccoli with Dijon Vinaigrette.
Chipotle Smashed Sweet Potatoes
More From Southern Living
- 3 pounds fresh sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. minced canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- 1. Bring sweet potatoes and salted water to cover to a boil in a Dutch oven over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup water.
- 2. Return potatoes to Dutch oven. Add butter, minced peppers, and cream; mash with a potato masher, adding reserved water, a little at a time, for desired consistency. Season with salt to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables