Chipotle Scalloped Potatoes
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Heather Chadduck Hillegas
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 50 Minutes
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 4 cooked bacon slices, crumbled
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Process first 6 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl, and stir in whipping cream.
- 2. Lightly grease a 13- x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread one-fourth of potatoes in a single layer in prepared dish; top with one-fourth of cream mixture. Repeat layers three more times with remaining potatoes and cream mixture.
- 3. Bake, covered, at 400° for 50 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This