Notes: If making ahead, cover and chill up to 1 day.
This recipe goes with Polenta Corn Cakes
Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 17
- Calories from fat: 71%
- Protein: 0.6g
- Fat: 1.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate: 1.3g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 14mg
- Cholesterol: 2.6mg
- 1/2 cup (about 1 1/2 oz.) dried chipotle chilies
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion or white part of leeks
- 1 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. In a bowl, combine chipotles and 2 cups hot water. Let stand until chipotles are soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 2. Pull off and discard chili stems, seeds, and veins. Also discard the soaking water.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan, combine 1 teaspoon butter and onion. Stir often over high heat until onion is limp, about 1 minute. Add chipotles and chicken broth.
- 4. Scrape mixture into a blender. Whirl until very smooth. Return to pan and stir over high heat until simmering, about 3 minutes, then add lemon juice and remaining butter. Remove from heat and stir until butter melts. Season to taste with salt. Use hot, warm, or at room temperature.
- Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This