I doubled the recipe for a recent dinner and probably shouldn't have doubled the chilis. It was realllllly spicy. Too spicy. I have found if you make in advance and then refrigerate, they do actually hold up on the outdoor grill (over a piece of foil). But I'm just not sure it's worth all of the preparation.
Chipotle Salmon Burgers
Shape the patties up to eight hours in advance, and cook just before serving. Use a grill pan or nonstick skillet to cook them since they may not hold up on a standard grill. If you have a mini food processor, use it to prepare the mayonnaise mixture. You can use regular hamburger buns instead of English muffins.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 408
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 6.6g
- Protein: 37.4g
- Carbohydrate: 28.9g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 595mg
- Calcium: 124mg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mango
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/8 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 1/4-pound) salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cooking spray
- 4 English muffins
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- 1. To prepare mayonnaise, combine first 5 ingredients in a food processor or blender; process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; cover and chill.
- 2. To prepare burgers, place onions, 1/4 cup cilantro, chile, and juice in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Add salt and salmon; pulse 4 times or until salmon is coarsely ground and mixture is well blended.
- 3. Divide salmon mixture into 4 equal portions; shape each portion into a (1-inch-thick) patty. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- 4. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- 5. Wipe skillet with paper towels; recoat with cooking spray. Place 2 muffins, cut sides down, in pan; cook 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Repeat procedure with cooking spray and remaining muffins.
- 6. Place 1 muffin bottom on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 lettuce leaf and 1 patty. Spread about 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture over each patty; place 1 muffin top on each serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note