- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mango
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/8 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 1/4-pound) salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cooking spray
- 4 English muffins
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- calories 408
- caloriesfromfat 33 %
- fat 15 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- monofat 4.5 g
- polyfat 6.6 g
- protein 37.4 g
- carbohydrate 28.9 g
- fiber 2.9 g
- cholesterol 94 mg
- iron 3.8 mg
- sodium 595 mg
- calcium 124 mg
How to Make It
To prepare mayonnaise, combine first 5 ingredients in a food processor or blender; process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; cover and chill.
To prepare burgers, place onions, 1/4 cup cilantro, chile, and juice in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Add salt and salmon; pulse 4 times or until salmon is coarsely ground and mixture is well blended.
Divide salmon mixture into 4 equal portions; shape each portion into a (1-inch-thick) patty. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
Wipe skillet with paper towels; recoat with cooking spray. Place 2 muffins, cut sides down, in pan; cook 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Repeat procedure with cooking spray and remaining muffins.
Place 1 muffin bottom on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 lettuce leaf and 1 patty. Spread about 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture over each patty; place 1 muffin top on each serving.