I love this. I leave out the mango though and just make fresh pico and guac. It doesn't really add that much more time. The azteca bowls are usually found in the cheeses or in the canned biscuit dough area, at most traditional grocery stores. At walmart they're usually under the biscuit dough. It's weird.
Chipotle-Rubbed Shrimp Taco Salad
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 salad)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 405
- Fat: 12.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 29.2g
- Carbohydrate: 45.9g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 172mg
- Iron: 4.9mg
- Sodium: 598mg
- Calcium: 200mg
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 refrigerated (8-inch) flour tortilla taco salad shell kit (such as Azteca)
- 1 pound peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 6 cups packaged prechopped romaine hearts
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled ripe mango (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 radishes, quartered
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add oil, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- 3. Bake tortilla shells at 350° according to package directions.
- 4. While shells bake, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Combine shrimp, chili powders, and salt in a large bowl; toss well to coat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shrimp to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done.
- 5. Combine lettuce, mango, tomato, and radishes. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad; toss to coat. Place about 1 1/2 cups salad in each tortilla shell; divide shrimp evenly among salads.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads