So quick and easy to make! The cheese sauce is absolutely the most delish thing too!
Chipotle-Rubbed Flank Steak
Ready in 25 minutes and coming in at less than 300 calories, this spicy steak with Gorgonzola cheese sauce is a flavorful and filling meal.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 240
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 27.9g
- Carbohydrate: 4.2g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 353mg
- Calcium: 123mg
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Combine first 3 ingredients. Sprinkle steak with chipotle mixture. Place on a broiler pan; broil 5 minutes on each side. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut thinly across grain.
- 3. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add flour; cook 30 seconds, stirring. Add milk; boil. Cook until reduced by half. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and remaining ingredients.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note