Chipotle Red Pepper Soup
Enjoy this spicy soup with a piece of crusty bread or some baked tortilla chips.
More From Oxmoor House
Stand: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 124
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Protein: 4.4g
- Carbohydrate: 14.4g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 660mg
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Calcium: 99mg
- 2 pounds red bell peppers (about 4 large or 6 small)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 drained canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 18 minutes or until bell peppers are blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 20 minutes. Peel.
- Place bell peppers, broth, and next 4 ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 13 minutes or until carrot is tender.
- Place 1 chipotle chile and half of pepper mixture in a blender; process until smooth. Repeat procedure with remaining chile and pepper mixture. Return pureed mixture to pan; stir in half-and-half and salt. Cook soup over medium heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Ladle soup into 4 bowls. Top each serving evenly with sour cream and cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note