These were wonderful and super easy to prepare. The only issue I have with any of the CL taco recipes that call for corn tortillas is that they never char up the way they do in the picture without getting hard and crispy.
Chipotle Pork Tacos
This simple pork taco recipe highlights traditional Mexican ingredients like cilantro, lime, and chipotle chiles. Cook the corn tortillas over an open gas flame or in a grill pan for chargilled flavor.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 299
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 27.3g
- Carbohydrate: 27.4g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 253mg
- Calcium: 61mg
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1. Place pork tenderloin between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Remove plastic wrap. Cut pork into thin strips. Combine pork, lime rind, and next 6 ingredients (through salt).
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shallots to pan; sauté for 4 minutes or until tender. Place shallots in a large bowl. Add oil to pan. Add pork; sauté for 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Add pork to shallots.
- 3. Warm tortillas according to the package directions. Spoon 1/3 cup pork mixture onto each tortilla, and top each tortilla with 1 1/2 teaspoons sour cream and cilantro. Fold in half.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note