Chipotle Pork Soft Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
Pork, a common taco filling throughout Latin America, takes well to spices. When serving these soft tacos to younger children, spoon the pork and salsa into a tortilla, roll the tortilla tightly, and then cut it into small bite-sized pieces.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 391
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 29.3g
- Carbohydrate: 50.8g
- Fiber: 6.9g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 420mg
- Calcium: 161mg
- 2 cups minced pineapple
- 1 cup minced apple
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 chipotle chiles, canned in adobo sauce, chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1. To prepare salsa, combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir until well blended. Cover and chill.
- 2. To prepare tacos, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion to pan; cook 2 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds. Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes or until pork is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Stir in broth and next 7 ingredients. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover; simmer 10 minutes or until liquid is nearly evaporated.
- 3. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Serve pork mixture with tortillas and salsa.
- for your toddler: When making the salsa, cut extra fruit into small bite-sized pieces for baby. Omit the black pepper and chipotle peppers; after removing the baby's pork, parents can add peppers at end of simmering in Step 2. Cut the pork into bite-sized pieces. Serve the pork and fruit pieces as finger foods on a plate with a warmed corn tortilla.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note